Is anyone else determined to get a full eight hours of sleep each night this year? I know we are! There’s no better feeling than curling up in fresh sheets at the end of a long day. Our secret to sleeping better? Maintaining our linens, and it’s simpler than you might think! Below are some tips on how to keep those linens clean and cozy all year round.
- Linen items can be either hand washed or machine washed
- Wash on a gentle cycle with warm water
- When using detergent, less is more! We recommend using half the amount of detergent you would normally use when washing your linens
- Use a detergent that is free of brightener and bleach
- Gently shake your linens loose after washing before placing in the dryer
- Don’t overload the dryer
- Remove linens from the dryer while still slightly damp and let air dry
- Allow linens to completely dry before storing
- Store linens in a cool, dry place
- For cotton, steam press with a clean steam iron on a warm/hot setting
- For your sateen linens, iron press on the reverse side to maintain the lustrous look
- For embroidered linens, it’s best to iron on the reverse side and place a towel underneath the embroidery to support and protect it.
That’s it! We told you it was simple. We hope these tips help you maintain your linens for a better night’s sleep this year. If you’re looking for a full linen refresh, you can shop online at looklifestyle.com or visit us in person at Longoria Collection in Houston.